Mar

Melinda Graham’s Seashell Wedding Dress

seashell bride with umbrella

This wedding gown embellished with seashells would be any bride’s dream come true.

beach bride with umbrella

seashell wedding dress captiva island florida

Artist and interior designer Melinda Graham made this stunning dress for the 2012 Shellabration fashion show celebrating the 75th Sanibel Shell Fair and Show earlier this month.

beach bride sea shell dress

She painstakingly sewed and glued shells, beads and pearls for an extraordinarily elegant silhouette.

bride seashell gown hair piece

Her artistry in every detail is phenomenal.

wedding seashell bodice

I’m in awe of how beautiful she and the dress are in this back drop of Sanibel and Captiva.

captiva island seashell gown

Breathtaking!

bride on captiva rocks

Melinda made flower girl dresses embellished with seashells to complete her bridal collection.

beach wedding sanibel captiva

Heavenly.

coastal wedding seashells

Laura and Valya were seashell princesses of the beach.

flower girls shell dresses

flower girl seashell dress

I was tickled to tag along on a photo shoot at Captiva’s Blind Pass beach with friend and producer Ilene Safron of Main Sail Video Productions as she and her team filmed Melinda for a national television segment. I have no idea what this shoot will be for or when it will air but I’m sure Nancy will let us know when she has details (fingers crossed!).

captiva beach photo shoot

It was a day to remember with Nancy from Lee County VCB, Melinda, photographer Doug, Tracy (from Main Sail Video as well) and Ilene.

film crew captiva

These talented folks have a lot of fun!

lee visitors bureau photo shoot

It was a beautiful day for Melinda to share with her mom as well.

melinda graham with her mom

melinda graham with her mom

To see her dress on display on Sanibel, stop by Melinda’s beautiful retail shop inspired by the sea called Surroundings.

melinda graham seashell

Comments

1. Kim says:

Wow! that’s fabulous

2. Fran says:

OMG I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Karen M. from Michigan says:

Beautiful…

That is just stunning. Did she wear it herself to get married in as well? Or is she selling it? It is really something special.

No, she didn’t wear it to get married, she was inspired to make it for the fashion show- wild, huh? One would have to get in touch with her through the links I added in the post to have her design another couture dress. That would be a very lucky bride!

5. Tam Tam from Michigan says:

How Beautiful is that!

You are really a very talented photographer Pam, all your pics are great.

7. Rachel says:

Oh my god – not on is she so talented to have made that dress – she’s also the model – I thought they hired a professional to model it – wow she is multi-talented!

8. sckeppy says:

I saw a lovely bridal bouquet, once, that incorporated white scallop shells– as did the flower arrangements at the church and reception. Unusual particularly for the location, which was near Niagara Falls– not very near any oceans!

9. Cindy says:

I am in AWE!! it is so beautiful. The whole entire thing, back drop, pictures, girls, crew everything.

Thanks Pam.

10. Lee Garrett says:

Exquisite!!

11. latenitereader says says:

What about the “husband” something must have been made for him to show off.
    She & the dress are out of this world – such talent. janet -AZ

12. Sanibel VR says:

Having seen this dress in person at the Shellabration Couture Luncheon, I can assure you all that this dress is truly beautiful, as are the the outfits for the Seashell Princesses. The shell work is all around the hem and train as well. Kudos to Melinda for the time, energy and talent. And thanks for sharing, Pam!

13. Beautiful! What a work of art.

We will be back in Sanibel on May 5th for 2-3 weeks. We hope to see you on the beach! Both of us will be wearing I Love Shelling hats. We are looking forward to using them for some night shelling as well! Any recommendations for where to shell at night?

Kathie & John
    Southlake, Texas

14. Sharon says:

What a beautiful dress and the lady makes it absolutly perfect. I even loved the way she wore her hair. The photographer did a wonderful job, but he did have a great model!

15. AntKaybe says:

Did the shells add any significant weight to the dress?

16. Mechelle J says:

Stunning! Didn’t have that at my wedding, but now I know what to wear to renew my vows!

17. Cindy Schaeffer says:

That is a very stunning, beautiful dress! Absolutely gorgeous! We love Sanibel Island!!!!