Feb

Sanibel Shellabaloo 2 For You!

Island Inn Shellabaloo 2

That’s right!  Shellabaloo 2 will be May 6, 7, 8 and 9 this year 2013!

If you missed the first Shellabaloo in January, you missed a spectacsheller time …but now it’s YOUR chance to have all the fun! Shell to your hearts content and at the same time, get to know other shell crazy people with the same shelling passion as you. I can’t wait either because I’ll get to hang out and bond with shellacious people just like me for 3 days! It’s a blast!

shellabaloo 1 2013

Here is what the Shellabaloo 2 will be all about!

Island Inn Sanibel Street Sign

It’s a shellabaloo at Island Inn Beachfront Resort May 6-9, 2013! Island Inn has put together a spectacsheller shelling package  so we can shell together and get to know each other. It will be soooo exciting to meet y’all! There’s no telling what we will find by sharing all of our shelling secrets.

Old style Sanibel Island Inn

If you are familiar with the Island Inn, you know that it is a beachfront hotel that has kept the unique feel of “old Florida charm” with a rich history of seashells. This was where the Sanibel Shell Fair and Show was first started.

Island Inn Sanibel Office

You will feel right at home. Throughout the lobby, there are shell displays. I think they love shells as much as we do!

Island inn Sanibel shell display

So let me tell you more about our shellers’ retreat. On may 6th after your private tour of the Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum, I will join you back at Island Inn with a meet and greet (in other words… paarrrtaaay!) and dinner at one of Sanibel’s best restaurants called Traditions On The Beach. And guess what, Super Sheller Clark will be there too!

Sanibel Restaurant on the beach Traditions

Then the next morning, you wake up to the sound of those seashells calling your name… so we’ll hit the beaches for an amazing shellathon!

shelling sanibel turner beach

Not only will we have a great treasure hunt, but Island Inn will deliver a scrumptious picnic lunch to us on the beach. This turns into the perfect time for “show and tell” to share a few of your favorite seashell treasures of the morning’s hunt and re-energize for the afternoon shelling adventure.

shellabaloo lunch

On Wednesday the 8th, Island Inn has provided another exshellent adventure for us as well… A Captiva Cruises full day boat trip to Cayo Costa! Wahoo! There’s a good chance we’ll get to see dolphins and manatees on the way there too. Another reason why we love shelling.

Captiva Cruises Playtime

Yall know how much Clark and I love to shell around the tree roots at Cayo Costa so now I’ll be able to shell this area with YOU.

Loads of shells in the tree roots on Cayo Costa

If your travel buddy doesn’t want to spend every waking moment shelling (really? ;)), there are plenty of options just steps away from your room. Like relaxing by the pool with a view of the gulf.

Island Inn Sanibel beach pool

Or playing shuffleboard with a view of the gulf…

island Inn Sanibel shuffle board

Play horseshoes … and yes, also with a view of the gulf.

Island Inn Horse shoes beach

They also have stand up paddle boards and kayaks you can rent out.

Island Inn sup kayak sanibel

Or you could rent a bike to check out the rest of the island…

sanibel island inn bikes

But the most important thing is… I do hope that we get to shell together to make our shelling connections even stronger. So Join us! Here are some details that Island Inn has graciously put together for us…

iloveshelling hotel package

Call 800-851-5088 today and reserve your spot for this awesome exshellaganza by booking a room for 2 or 3…

island inn sanibel room pic

… or a cottage that sleeps 6 to 8!

island inn sanibel cottage hotel room

For more detailed information and itinerary CLICK HERE.

sanibel shellers row

Thank you Island Inn for organizing this event. This is going to be a shell of a good time for all of us! So join in on the fun by calling Island Inn for accommodations pricing and any details and they can answer any of your questions at 800-851-5088. Don’t miss out on the shelladventure of a lifetime!

sunset at Island Inn Sanibel

FYI- Remember, This sold out in 36 hours after I posted the January event so don’t wait since there are only 25 spots available. Hope to see you soon!

pam rambo iLoveShelling

Comments

1. Traci says:

Wahoooooo!!! I was at the first one!!! Goooo to this…I’m telling you it is sooooo much fun!! We had Kimball rm 265 and the gulf is right there in front of you from the Lania! As soon as you open your room door you are blown away by the view!! Has a kitchen too!! Its right close to the beach and pretty central to all the stuff to do and see at the Island Inn!! Hubby was not a sheller but humored me by coming along and three days later he is a addicted sheller!! Lol..

Id go to this one too if I could but May is too hectic with kids in school. Its exam month and my kids literally have 15 exams each to take in the month of May! So I cant go. :(

But for everyone go and reserve your spot!! You wont regret it!!

Oh Pam I cant wait for it to be May now and Im not even going! Lol…I know whats in store for the group and Im soooo excited for Shellabaloo #2!!!!!

Traci, we really did have a great time, didn’t we!! I will miss y’all this time but I hope Shellabaloo Two will turn another “humoring hubby” into an addicted sheller too. hahahah You are so sweet to be so excited for us! xo

2. George says:

This sounds great! My wife and I hope to be there. We are trying to work out the dates for us. Thanks.

I know everyone will have a wonderful time at this Shellabaloo, just like the last one!

4. Wendy Terry says:

Any chance of having one of these in the fall? I can’t make it to this one, although I’d LOVE to!!

5. Sharene says:

Sorry I can’t’ read the script how much for. Two people for a basic for. Three days total. Tks anyone.

6. Lisa :-D says:

I AM IN!!! WooHoo! Yay for me!

7. MarkD60 says:

As far as I know, that’s the first picture I’ve seen of you. Nice Tameetcha!

8. Andrea says:

I’m in too. Can’t wait!

Wahoooo! Andrea, I thrilled!

• Andrea says:

Hi Pam. If you know of a woman that needs to share a room, that would be great. I alreay booked a room with two beds, $179. Thanks.

FYI- we have 2 Andreas that are posting so I wanted to make sure everybody knows that the Andrea that is getting married (let’s call her AndreaBella for right now) is not the Andrea (lets call her ShellAndrea) that could share a room. I’m not sure AndreaBella’s brand new husband would approve of that LOL! But if someone is interested in ShellAndrea’s offer, please comment without all of your info, I will give you each others email, okay? Whew, I hope yall aren’t as confused as I am- heehee.

9. Kaybe says:

For goodness sakes…. you never mentioned Horseshoes the first time around. That changes everything ;D

Oooh so jealous, I wish I could go!! Sounds like so much fun!

11. Maribeth M from Fort Myers says:

Gosh darn it! May is too hectic for me as well…But I WILL be joining you Pam on one of the shelling day trips in March! Yippee! I’ll be bringing a galfriend with me as well-she is a sheller too! I can’t wait for March. I so would love to see this “Shellabaloo” become a frequent event (perhaps quarterly?) ;-) because I would LOVE a “girls shelling get-a-way”! ;-)

12. Hi Pam
    We will be there the week of July 22,2013.
    Do you know if you will have anything special
    Going on? We can’t wait to go shelling!

13. johnnie says:

Hey pam…i’m on my way to cataract surgery…2nd eye….thanks for letting me dream a little on the way! I’ll see you March 16!!!

14. Andrea says:

I would love to join this trip! Bill and I are already booked at the hotel, and are getting married on the 6th. We would miss the 1st day. I do hope I get to meet you because I’ve been stalking this blog for a while, and reading all about identifying seashells. I can’t wait to go!

• Sharene says:

You will most likely see us all there, but have a great time if we don’t I will find you a sea shell.

Sharene

• Andrea says:

I know you will all be having dinner at the same place we will be, only I’ll be coming in at 8pm.

I hope you all have a wonderful shelling adventure! Or is it a shellventure? Adventshell? I’m not as good at that as Pam.

15. Judy B says:

Darn!! It sounds like so much fun! That is when I usually go to Sanibel but since I am bringing my son this trip, we had to wait until he was out of school later in May. I am excited to be going on the May shelling excurion with you :).

16. pat bradley says:

Can’t make it in May, since we just spent 3 weeks in February. Hope everyone has fun-will watch the website. My husband has been trying to scoop shells, but he either gets something that alive(we put back) or the broken shells and arks. Yesterday at Gulf Side i found a nice comb bittersweet with some orange and a white crested tellin. Today I went to Blind Pass (traffic backed up with utility workers working). I found the cutest little bittersweet. I thought it was a small orange scallop at first. It’s only about 1/4 of an inch big! The alphabet cone and junonia are still elusive. Only a couple of days before we leave.
    Pat

17. Sally Peppitoni says:

Boy, do I wish I could go! Being a teacher has one big drawback…AP and Senior exams in May! Maybe the next one!

18. Sharene says:

Yes, my husband Tom and I will be there.!!!!

19. Cindy and Roger from Missouri says:

Wooo hooo! We’ll be there! This will be our sixth time in 5 years coming to Sanibel/Captiva. Can’t get the shelling and beaches out of our systems. Love meeting people and excited to make new acquaintances. I’ve announced to everyone that we have a MANDATORY shelling workshop to go to…. LOL! Wished we were there right now.

20. Debbie Fouts says:

Pam, do you know if there is a package available without lodging?

21. Lee & Susan Merrill says:

We made the decision to head North and join Shellaballoo 2! Look forward to seeing Sanibel for the first time and joining in the shell hunt :) Should we tell the Carribean currents to push some shells that way in early May?

Lee & Susan
    Guantanamo Bay, Cuba

OMG! This is going to be AWESOME! I just told Clark and we both said YES! Bring some of that southern Caribbean breeze with you. Fantastic!!!!

22. Cheryl Welke says:

I have long wanted to come to Sanibel and made my first trip last October and then gave my mom a trip for Christmas that we took in January. I love it there. And then I found your website and have become addicted and love to cybershell with you.

I saw someone else asked about a Shellabaloo in the Fall. I was wondering the same thing. We are coming down to Florida to volunteer and would love to be able to do one of there either before or after. Please let us know as soon as you can when and if.

Love your site and am so jealous since you seem to have my “life” LOL

thanks,
    Cheryl

i’m so sorry but dont think we will have dates for the next Shellabaloo until the May one is over. We are still working on smoothing out things for the May one. Im hoping the next one will be the end of August though!