Oct

Nautilus Shell Found

Bali Nautilus shell

Thailand Nautilus shell

Jane found this NAUTILUS shell while walking on the beach…… in Thailand! I’ve talked about my friend Jane in other posts (Jane’s Seashell Frames) so you know she loves to collect seashells….. but now I’m jealous. Why? A. She went to Thailand and Bali with her husband for her birthday. B. They found this nautilus on the beach. C. They found all of these other amazing shells in Bali!

Bali cone shells

Bali cone shells

I am not an expert on Bali shells so I don’t know what type of CONES these are. So if you have info, please don’t hesitate to share. And so many different types of OLIVES…

Bali Olive shell

Bali Olive shell

Bali olives

Bali olives

Bali olive seashells

Bali olive seashells

Bali Olive seashell

Bali Olive seashell

Jane brought over this whole big basket of shells so I got sort through them and figure out which ones to photograph. It was so much fun to ooh and ahhh over each one of them.

Bali cowries

Bali cowries

Bali worm shells

Bali worm shells. They have wormies too!

Bali Scallop shells

Bali Scallop shells

Bali scallop seashells side view

Bali scallop seashells side view

I had to show the side view of this SCALLOP. Isn’t that so cool? I had take this one alone too. So beautiful!

Bali scallop shell

Bali scallop shell

Bali mixed clams

Bali mixed clams

Bali mixed shells

Bali mixed shells

You can see from this picture that the nautilus isn’t huge but it’s about 2 and a half inches.

Bali mixed seashells

Bali mixed seashells

Bali red pipe organ coral

Bali red pipe organ coral

Bali best shells

Bali shells .... a little of everything

Jane sent me this next photo from her iPhone when they found it on the beach. Isn’t it crazy I could get this picture while they were on the other side of the planet?! I, of course, thought they were pulling my leg.

janes nautilus

Janes nautilus shell

Maybe one day we’ll get to Bali and do some shelling. Until then we all can enjoy and dream of walking the beaches to happen upon a nautilus shell like this. Thank you Jane for sharing your Thailand and Bali beach treasures!

PS- Another Nautilus was found this month on the beach in Far North Queensland Australia by blogger friend Elizabeth at i Heart Sunny Days. She took a picture too.

Comments

1. Terry Benczik says:

Wow, Jane really scored. That’s a dream come true! I’m very happy for her.

2. Elizabeth says:

Jane certainly has some great shell finds – and what a cute little nautilus! Its so exciting to find one of these, I found my first about a month ago. So now I have to add Bali to my list!!!

3. Annie Mango says:

As wonderful as Sanibel is, I love to hear about shelling in other parts of the world! How marvelous to find a nautilus… I hear Bali calling to me.

4. Andrea says:

Wow. This is great. Thanks so much for the pics of beach combing. I have always wanted to collect shells in Asia and this was so wonderful to see.

5. Sheri says:

Awesome finds! Perhaps I need to expand my shelling adventures….

6. Loveofthesea says:

Great shells! Just beautiful. I love the red coral.

7. What treasures -both of the nautilus!!

8. Mary Ann Ross says:

These comments show how obsessed we all are– talking about going somewhere like Bali and spending the day looking at the sand.

• Kelly Mitchell says:

Speaking of obsessed, we moved recently and my husband counted 22 tubs of shells and crafts i’m “working on”. I love my shell club in Clearwater
      and there are many local shell clubs. I’ts great to talk to another person about shells and they don’t give you that empty stare and they don’t say
      “You mean seashells used to be alive, yuck”. The share your exitement and understand you.

9. Jen rassmann says:

My husband and I have to move to Singapore and I love shelling!! What is the name of the beach in Bali where you found your shells?? They are beautiful!

10. Kurt Jordan says:

i’m curious… my daughter just found about a 7″ nautilus shell on Green Key Beach in New Port Richey Florida… it was buried in a sand cliff… how the heck did it get here?