Jul

Your Pictures Of Shelling This Week!

kids air shells

It’s raining shells! Caroline and Jackson from New Jersey wanted to show us how much fun they were having on the beaches of Sanibel Island this week. Since I’m staying out of the sun this week, thank you for sending these adorable pictures so I can let others know what it happening on our beaches. They even made a collage of their favorite shell finds…. one being a WORMIE!

shell collage

Okay, this is awesome… They saw the hundreds of live SAND DOLLARS too so sent me a video. There are such cutie pies!

CLICK HERE for video

kids with sand dollars

Jonathon was really lucky this week! He found not just one HORSE CONCH at Blind Pass… he found TWO empty HORSE CONCHS and sent this photo! Boom Shellalaka!

jonathon horse conchs

Barbara Russell loves her mini shells so sent in her photo not only of her minis but some other great finds… and her sweet OLIVE BRACELET!

Barbara Russell mini shells

Ilka even sent a photo of shells from the panhandle of Florida!

ilka cole panhandle seashells

I loved this sign Lisa Frederico sent in…

advice from the ocean sign

Last but not least… Our friend Susan from Guantanamo Bay Cuba sent in this video of why she loves shelling. Susan’s daughter Ellen filmed this as a surprise to her husband Lee who loves shelling just as much as Clark and I do. I think all of us who love shelling caught the shelling bug from someone else some time in our lives. It’s contagious! (Errrr “Contashellous”?) Ha! I think I watched this next video about 10 times and cracked up each and every time. LOLYouTube Preview Image

Categories : Uncategorized

Comments

1. Becky (aka Ruthie) Cover says:

I can’t get it to load

2. angela says:

Video is private :(

3. say’s video is private won’t load

4. Ann horn says:

How can we send you a photo? I found a horse conch on Bowman’s beach in Sanibel last week.

5. Nancy says:

Hi Pam,
    My husband and I and our two kitties are leaving in the Morning (Sunday) for Sanibel. Just wondering if you will be on the beaches this coming week. Would love to meet you! Also, a while back you posted a picture of one of your cats….it looked like a Birman, which is what we have. Do you have a Birman?
    Hope to see you sometime,
    Nancy

6. Hey Pam can you get rid of all the rain? I’ll be down the 6th-23rd!!!! Seeya on the beach.

7. Genine says:

Definitely caught the shelling bug from someone (so glad I did), and your blog makes me happy especially when I can’t get to the beach. Made it there today after about three weeks away and loved it. Sun shining bright, sand between my toes and a full bag-o-shells…a perfect day! ;-)

• Sherri says:

My friend Sarah, her 2 girls & I were there at Blind Pass when Jonathon found those 2 horse conchs!! We were sooo jealous! And another boy found one that same day! We found loads of shells. I found a pretty big alphabet cone by random digging in the sand. Found a couple of sharks eyes, gaudy nauticas, banded tulips, juvie horse conchs, lightning whelks, conchs and lots more. The wind & huge waves brought shells in if you could stand being battered by the waves and shells! I have lots of cuts and bruises, but it was worth it! We also found tons of sand dollars at Gulfside City Park. We were there for two weeks and I am now sad to be home!! Oh, by the way, we met a wonderful lady named Melinda who told us about Jenny curls! She was on your blog once! We will now always call our wormie shells Jenny Curls!
      Sherri from MN

Sherri- it sounds like you had a wonderful time! And also sounds like you found all the best spots to find treasures… Shells AND new friends – specially Melinda and her Jenny Curls. I’m so sorry I missed you all on the beach this week!!!!!

• Sherri says:

Me too! Hopefully next time! Thanks for your wonderful blog! You and Clark are amazing! :) Melinda truly touched our hearts! Luv to you, Melinda!

8. Shellinator says:

Awesome Horse conchs…looks like he snorkeled for them….way to go !!!
    Love all the shells in the pictures…love seeing the kids treasure hunting.

Wow… a lot of really great stuff! What fun! Thanks Pam!

10. Lee in Gtmo says:

So I happen to be in the States (away from the beautiful shells of Gtmo but able to see the video ’cause the ‘net works faster up here) and see my wife Susan on the video – yes I was surprised and glad that she shares the shelling hobby with me! Thanks for sharing Pam!

11. Charolette says:

The one shell that has been elusive to me is a big horse conch. Maybe next trip.

12. Jan Whitaker says:

I am coming to Sanibel in Sept from KY. Sanibel has long been a dream of mine. I am so excited that it is going to become a reality. I plan to go on the Sept. 12 Shelling Adventure, already have my reservation. Have been reading posts, new and old. I have mainly done shelling along the Panhandle. Looking forward to experiencing the “Sanibel Stoop”.

13. can’t get it to load except for thumbnail of her waving goodbye. sorry janet

14. Connor says:

I think Caroline is a future Pam :)

15. Shell Dreamer says:

WOW I’m envious of those huge HORSE CONCHS, as I’ve yet to come across one!

Would love to know, when you post about great shelling at Blind Pass, where exactly does that mean? Is it on the Sanibel side, just before the bridge to Captiva, along the bridge? Or on the Captiva side? Would love to know the best places to try next time I’m there!

I know, right? Great finds! This was on the Captiva side of Blind Pass- I’m assuming this as you can see the jetty rocks in the back ground. Jonathon’s mom sent this photo to me so I would think she took the picture where he found them.

16. Ilka Cole says:

Thanks for the mention Pam! I love shelling and I can’t wait to head your way again soon! Until then I will hit the beach here in Destin as often as I can!

17. Ilka Cole says:

Is there a shelling cruise in September? I saw a previous post mentioning a cruise. Thank you in advance.

18. Laura Wentworth says:

I love the kids!! What precious pics!! I have fond and heart warming memories shelling with my five nieces and nephews!!! One of the best things that my mother taught me was the love of shelling. She passed away a few years ago. When I found your blog this summer I took out all of my zillions of shells!!! I have smiled and cried alot but remembering all of the fun we had is priceless!!! You are a special lady, Pam! I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making my summer ssoooooo wonderful! Take care of yourself!!

19. amy says:

I’ve been away from your site for a bit. why are you out of the sun this week? is everything ok?! hope so . . .

20. amy says:

whew, thank goodness! i’m fair skinned and freckled too. the sun is tough on us!

21. PAM WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF THE OCEAN SIGN – REALLY WANT IT FOR OUR BEACH HOUSE.
    HAD 3 CANCERS REMOVE FROM LEFT LEG AND BANDAGED FOR 4-6 WEEKS WE ARE HERE AT CHOLLA BAY, BUT SO SORRY I CAN’T GET ON THE BEACH,AND IT IS BEAUTIFUL. SO I LOOK AT THE WEBSITE AND DREAM EACH DAY. JANET IN AZ (NOW IN MEXICO FOR 10 DAYS)